We provide Physiotherapy, just for kids!
Whether it be your baby, toddler, young child or teenager, we are skilled at working with kids to achieve their optimal function through fun, play based physiotherapy.
Unit 1/2-8 Peninsula Boulevard, Seaford, Victoria
We have purpose built a beautiful clinic, by the beach. Fully equipped with strength and balance equipment, swings, slides, trampolines and gross motor and sports gear, our clinic is designed to provide fun and engaging therapy to reach your childs goals.
Our team specialises in:
1. Early Intervention from Birth to Prep
- Treatment of babies - any condition affecting their movement e.g. head shape concerns, neck tightness, clicky hips & feet abnormalities
- Therapy for babies, toddlers and young children with developmental delays; caused by prematurity, neurological conditions, genetic conditions and other (Autism)
- Children with gross motor delays - difficulty walking, running, climbing, jumping and catching a ball
- Children with low muscle tone, joint hypermobility, poor strength, poor balance and co-ordination difficulties
2. Physiotherapy for children and teens
- Acute sporting injury management for typically developing children including sprains, strains and fractures
- Sports Performance Enhancement for budding athletes
- Hypermobility, Juvenile Arthritis, chronic fatigue and pain management
- Weight management
- Co-ordination difficulties e.g. running style, sport skills
A complete physical assessment, then intervention via:
- Acute Injury Management
- 1:1 Therapy sessions - Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology
- Group Therapy Programs
- Intensive Therapy Programs
- Cuevas Medek Exercises (CME) www.cuevasmedek.com/
- Hydrotherapy - 1:1 Sessions in the local pool
What do Paediatric Physiotherapists do?
We are specialists in childhood motor development and really understand how kids move, play, learn and participate.
We assess the reasons why children are delayed, or have difficulty acquiring new skills. We provide a diagnosis if necessary, then work with your child to improve their motor skills, whether it be:
- Rolling, sitting, crawling, standing
- Running, jumping, climbing, throwing, catching, kicking a ball, riding a bike
- Caution or avoidance of movement, or too much movement
- Returning to sport after an injury or improving sport skills
- Biomechanical sporting and postural screenings for young athletes
What do Paediatric Exercise Physiologists do?
We are specialists in childhood fitness and exercise. We work with children to prevent or manage disease, provide rehabilitation post injury or surgery, also enhance fitness and participation in sports and activities. We love working with kids to improve their motor abilities through providing:
- Comprehensive fitness assessments
- Gross motor skill training
- Sport and ball skills training
- Asthma and cardiovascular condition management
- Childhood cancer exercise management
- Education for schools and groups
- Approved Better Start Early Intervention and NDIS provider (NDIS self managed and plan managed participants only)
- Medicare provider - rebated sessions available through Medicare under CDM care plan
- Private Health Insurance rebates
- TAC Provider
*Our team adheres to an OHS 'No Lifting' policy which means all children need to be accompanied by an adult to lift them during therapy sessions if required.
*Our Early Intervention service for children with developmental delays is from Birth to Prep. As your child approaches their transition from kinder to primary school, we will assist with referring your child onto other appropriate physiotherapy services if required.